- This T3/T4 hybrid turbocharger assembly is created by installing a T4 compressor wheel and housing onto a T3 turbine housing, wheel and center section.
- A T3/T4 hybrid turbocharger assembly is a compromise for engines where a T3 turbocharger is too small to reach the desired maximum horsepower but using a T4 turbocharger would create an unacceptable amount of turbo lag.
- The T3/T4 turbocharger is designed to be used on engines displacing 1.6L-2.5L and is typically good for around 400HP.
- They are also commonly used in twin turbo applications.
- In this case those figures would be doubled 3.2L-5.0L engines up to 800HP.
- Horsepower ratings are generally meant to express the turbochargers maximum airflow capability.
- Recommended boost pressures are 7psi(.5 Bar) to 21psi(1.5 Bar) and boost pressures should not exceed 30psi(2 Bar).
- Exceeding 21psi(1.5 Bar) of boost pressure can significantly reduce a turbochargers lifespan.
- Generally speaking 14psi(1 Bar) is good for a 100% increase in horsepower from a naturally aspirated engine.
- Also factory non-turbo engines without forged internal components on high octane pump gas (91-92 octane) it is not recommended exceeding 7psi (.5 Bar) of boost.
- Doing so could result in damaging your engine.
Specifics and Features:
- 100% brand new
- Capable of boosting horse power up to 300+ BHP
- High quality material, cast housing with durable steel
- 4 bolt exhaust flange
- Standard T3 5 bolt downpipe flange pattern
- Intake inlet & outlet: 3" & 2"
- Trim: 55
- A/R: .5
- Inducer: 50.5
- Exducer: 76
- Trim: 73
- A/R: .63
- Inducer: 65.5
- Exducer: 55.9
- 1 X T04E Turbocharger
- Universal application. Additional parts will be needed to complete install. Please consult professional turbo installer for details